The Sokoine University of Agriculture Convocation comprises of the following as Article V of SUA Convocation Constitution stipulates.
The regular membership shall include: –
- The Vice Chancellor,
- The Deputy Vice Chancellors
- Principals of Constituent Colleges
- All present and past/retired members of the academic staff,
- All persons who are graduates from the Faculty of Agriculture of Makerere College associated with the University of London, or of the University of East Africa,
- All persons who are graduates from the Faculty of Agriculture, Forestry and Veterinary Science of the University of Dar es Salaam
- All persons who are and or/ become graduates of Sokoine University of Agriculture.
The associate membership shall include:-
- Any person who has contributed to the welfare of the Convocation or to the University provided that the Annual General Meeting (AGM) has approved his/her name for associate membership.
The honorary membership shall include:-
- Any person who has received an honorary degree from the University.
- Any person whom the Annual General Meeting confers honorary membership for his/her exceptional contribution to the Convocation or to the University.
- Such persons as the Vice Chancellor may, upon recommendation by the President of the Convocation, appoint to be honorary members of the Convocation.
The affiliate membership shall include:-
- Any graduate from other Universities with interest of identification with the Sokoine University of Agriculture and for this purpose have had part-time teaching at the University.